Orienteering for Families
Orienteering is a great way for the whole family to get outdoors, explore the forest or countryside, while taking part in fun exercise and learning new skills that will be useful for life!
EBORienteers makes families especially welcome and at most orienteering events there will be a range of courses available with some of these especially suitable for family groups.
Families can take part as a group, and at most events there is an opportunity to “have another go” – at a different course – either as a group or as individuals.
Most events have “colour-coded” courses, and white or yellow courses are ideal for families with young children.
- White courses are very easy with all controls on paths. They are often enoyed by children as young as 6-10 years olds as well as family groups that are new to the sport. Length of course 1.0 – 1.5km.
- Yellow courses use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s as well as family groups. Length of course 1.5 – 2.5km.
Coaches are always available at our events to provide help and advice.
If you can’t wait, e-mail the Club’s coaching and development team to find out about coaching for young people and families.
If you contact the Club to tell us that you are planning to come to any of our events, we will ensure that an accredited coach is briefed and ready to welcome you and help you get started.
- +About Us
- Club Nights
- +Orienteering in York & North Yorkshire
- 2012 Results Archive
- 2011 Results Archive
- 2010 Results Archive
- 2009 Results Archive
- 2008 Results Archive
- 2007 Results Archive
- 2006 Results Archive
- 2005 Results Archive
- +Mountain Bike O results
- Newsletter Archive
- +New to Orienteering?
- —Schools & Familes
- Acomb Club night
on 20 May 2013 at 18:00
- Bishop Wood - York Summer League
on 22 May 2013 at 17:30
- 13th York City Race 2013
on 27 May 2013 at 09:30
- Skipwith Common East - York Summer League
on 29 May 2013 at 17:30
- Fulford Ings - York Summer League
on 12 Jun 2013 at 17:30
- Clifton Backies level C event (incl EBOR Club Championships)
on 16 Jun 2013 at 10:00
- Brayton Barff - York Summer League
on 19 Jun 2013 at 17:30